Friday, March 4, 2011

Ecological footprint




I've calculated my ecological footprint from http://www.myfootprint.org/ and I am kind of surprised about the result. I thought my carbon footprint would be the highest among the other footprints, cause I travel between Hong Kong and Sydney at least once a year. But apparently my food and Goods & Service footprints are quite a lot higher than Australian average. From this, I've learned even the smallest thing in daily life can make a difference to the earth. Like my mum had always been telling me to eat organic food, for less toxin being consumed and unplug switches whenever theyre not in used, cause switches give out radiations?! But after this questionaire, I realised theyre not just for our own personal health, but it helps to reduce ecological footprint on Earth too! While I was doing this calculation, I've also sent it to my friends, hopefully theyll be as shock as I am and start to make a difference too.

No comments:

Post a Comment