Sunday, March 20, 2011

Video Reflection 1: Giving Packaging a New Life


The videos showed very interesting ways to recycle recycling materials, like paper, glass, aluminium etc. Before viewing the videos, i always thought peeling off labels on cans and plastic bottles or separating colours of glasses are done by human power. I am amazed by how high tec and systematic recycling is.

Although recycling is a great approach, none the less, we shouldnt forget recycling uses up a great amount of energy too. This made me realised, being a designer, apart from designing with more recyclable materials, thinking about using less material will be even better! Truely "Less is More".

To reduce the energy used to recycling, I believe everyone of us should start with taking up the habit of sorting recyclable garbage at home. Like, to have 3 bins at home, for paper, aluminium and glass. Me being myself, although i have a big bucket just next to my bin at home. I am always too lazy to recycle my rubbish, just because sometimes I am too lazy to rinse clean the bottles and cans or peeling off the plastic or metal bits from the papers. And i am always very annoyed bout the fact that, how much rubbish me and my flatmate can produce within 1-2 days, that we have to drag ourselves out to the rubbish room. After watching the videos and reflecting, I promise that i am going to start recycling today and take up the idea of designing with recyclable materials and use as less materials as possible in my future designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment